The Town of Liege is in the Province of Liège, which is part of the Walloon region of the Belgian Federal State. Located at the crossing of the Germanic Empire and the Roman Empire, a few minutes of the Netherlands or Germany, and a few hours of France, of Luxembourg, of England, place of junction between various cultures, hearth of Euregio, Liege is well- known to create bridges between worlds. It is famous for its tolerance and its welcome- Culture.
Basic Informations :
• Inhabitants: approximately 200,000
• Percentage from listed abroad: 20%.
• Nationalities the most represented: More than 165 nationalities but especially, Italians, French, Moroccans, Spanish, Turks, Congolese, Cameroonians, Rumanians, Algerians, Netherlanders.
• Official language: French (although other languages are spoken there)
• Economy: For a long time, extraction of coal and iron and steel industry.
Since the Sixties: tourism and culture, services and logistics, development of new technologies and the multimedia.
• Political configuration: Since many years, Liege is in a political configuration where the Socialist party (currently 22 seats out of 49) dominates, in partnership with other political forces. This configuration ensures a great stability to it and the possibility of carrying out long-term projects and a continuity.