Coordinator “UNPAD & Colonial Heritage working group” European Coalition of Cities against Racism (ECCAR)
Are you interested in the UN Decade for People of African Descent and in the topic of colonial continuities on a local level in the fields of culture, media, environmental justice and public spaces? Do you have experience in writing policy briefs and in doing advocacy work? Can you apply your expertise to the organisation of in-presence or hybrid workshops that engage youth from all over Europe around these topics?
ECCAR is hiring a coordinator of the recently launched working group on UNPAD & Colonial Heritage. The working group aims to support local governments who want to take action during the UNPAD Decade, showcase cities’ best practices and engage young people, media and cultural institutions around these topics.
The project officer will support the City of Bologna and Heidelberg to coordinate the following activities of the working group:
- Organisation of a UNESCO Master Class in Italian language on colonial continuities, in the framework of the Climate of Change project (in presence)
- Organisation of an ECCAR-UNESCO Master Class on colonial continuities (webinar), in English and possibly another EU language
- Co-drafting, with the WG member cities, a position paper in the field of colonial continuities and related counter-policies in selected fields.
- Collect and promote good practice initiatives from various cities throughout Europe.
You will need to show experience in the areas of project management and the field of anti-discrimination. You will have to apply your expertise in writing and reviewing policy briefs. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, who enjoys working in an intercultural context.
- Experience of working across multiple departments and teams
- Degree in Social Science / Political Science / Anthropology / Sociology
- Fluent proficiency in written and spoken English and Italian
Duration: 6 months (starting date: as soon as possible)
Employer: ECCAR - European Coalition of Cities against Racism
Hours: Part time 30% based on TV-L 11 (German public service salary scale)
If you would like to apply for the position of project officer within the UNPAD & colonial continuities working group, please send your CV with a short motivation letter by 26 January 2022 to the ECCAR office to Ms. Evein Obulor email@example.com.